Are you a senior looking for car rental discounts? Then you may want to consider joining AARP. The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is a non-profit organization that provides benefits and discounts to its members. In this article, we’ll discuss Does AARP offer car rental discounts? We’ll also look at how to find AARP car rental discounts, AARP car rental partners, tips for getting the best deals on AARP car rentals, and alternatives to AARP car rental discounts.
What is AARP?
AARP is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all people over 50 years old. It is open to anyone over the age of 50 and provides access to a variety of services and benefits, including travel discounts, health insurance plans, prescription drug coverage, financial advice, and more.
What are the Benefits of Joining AARP?
The benefits of joining AARP are numerous. Members receive access to exclusive discounts on travel, dining, entertainment, shopping, and more. They can also take advantage of free tax preparation services and get discounts on health care products and services. Additionally, members can save money on prescription drugs and get access to free financial advice from certified financial advisors.
Does AARP Offer Car Rental Discounts?
Yes, AARP offers car rental discounts for its members. These discounts vary depending on the company providing the service but generally consist of discounted rates or free upgrades on certain types of vehicles. Additionally, some companies provide additional perks such as free roadside assistance or free GPS navigation systems with certain rentals.
How to Find AARP Car Rental Discounts
AARP has partnered with several major car rental companies to provide members with discounted rates and other perks when renting a vehicle. To find these deals, simply visit the official AARP website and search for “car rental” or “car rentals.” You will be presented with a list of available deals from various companies including Hertz, Budget Rent-a-Car, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Alamo Rent-a-Car, National Car Rental, Thrifty Car Rental, Dollar Rent-a-Car, and more.
AARP Car Rental Partners
A number of major car rental companies have partnered with AARP in order to provide exclusive discounts and perks for its members:
• Hertz – Hertz offers up to 25% off base rates for members plus additional perks such as free upgrades when available and exclusive offers just for members;
• Budget Rent-a-Car – Budget offers up to 25% off base rates plus additional perks such as free upgrades when available;
• Enterprise Rent-a-Car – Enterprise offers up to 15% off base rates plus additional perks such as free upgrades when available;
• Alamo Rent-a-Car – Alamo offers up to 15% off base rates plus additional perks such as free upgrades when available;
• National Car Rental – National offers up to 20% off base rates plus additional perks such as free upgrades when available;
• Thrifty Car Rental – Thrifty offers up to 10% off base rates plus additional perks such as free upgrades when available;
• Dollar Rent-a-Car – Dollar offers up to 10% off base rates plus additional perks such as free upgrades when available;
Tips for Getting the Best Deals on AARP Car Rentals
When searching for the best deals on AARP car rentals there are several things you should keep in mind:
• Book your reservation early – Many times booking your reservation in advance can help you get better prices as well as availability;
• Compare prices – Make sure you compare prices between different companies before booking your reservation;
• Check for special promotions – Many times companies will offer special promotions or coupons that can help you save even more money;
• Read the fine print – Make sure you read all terms and conditions before booking your reservation so that you know exactly what is included in your rate;
Alternatives to AARP Car Rental Discounts
If you’re not an AARP member there are still ways that you can save money on car rentals:
• Shop around – Compare prices between different companies before booking your reservation;
• Look for online coupons – Many times companies will offer online coupons that can help reduce your overall cost;
• Use rewards programs – Most major car rental companies have rewards programs that can help you save money in addition to any other discounts you may be eligible for;
In conclusion, Does AARP offer car rental discounts? Yes! Members can take advantage of discounted rates or free upgrades on certain types of vehicles from select companies like Hertz, Budget Rent-a-Car, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Alamo Rent-a-Car, National Car Rental, Thrifty Car Rental and Dollar Rent-a-Car just by being an AARP member. Additionally there are other ways seniors can save money on car rentals without being an AARP member like shopping around and using rewards programs or online coupons if available.
FAQs About AARP and Car Rentals
Q : Do I need an AARP membership in order to get discounted rates on car rentals ?
A : Yes,an active membership is required in order to take advantage of any discounted rates offered by participating partners.
Q : Are there any restrictions on which cars I can rent ?
A : Yes,some partners may have restrictions based on age,location,etc.Be sure to read all terms and conditions before booking your reservation.
Q : Are there any other benefits besides discounted rates ?
A : Yes,some partners may offer additional perks such as free GPS navigation systems or roadside assistance with certain rentals.Be sure to check with each partner before booking your reservation.