Are you a senior looking for a way to save money on your next Disney vacation? If so, you may be wondering if Disney offers AARP discounts. The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is a non-profit organization that provides various benefits to its members, including discounts on travel and entertainment. In this article, we’ll discuss whether or not Disney offers AARP discounts, as well as what types of discounts are available and how to get them.
What is AARP?
AARP is a non-profit organization that provides benefits to people over the age of 50. It was founded in 1958 by Ethel Percy Andrus and has since grown to become one of the largest membership organizations in the United States, with more than 38 million members. AARP offers its members access to a variety of benefits, including discounts on travel, entertainment, health care, and more.
How Does AARP Work?
AARP works by offering its members access to special deals and discounts on products and services from participating companies. To become an AARP member, you must be at least 50 years old and pay an annual membership fee of $16. The membership fee gives you access to all the benefits offered by AARP, including discounts on travel and entertainment.
Benefits of Joining AARP
The primary benefit of joining AARP is the access it provides to discounted products and services from participating companies. Some of these discounts include up to 25% off hotel stays, up to 10% off rental cars, up to 30% off select restaurants, and up to 10% off car rentals. In addition, members can also take advantage of special offers such as free shipping on certain items and exclusive access to events and activities.
Does Disney Offer AARP Discounts?
Yes, Disney does offer AARP discounts! As an AARP member, you can take advantage of special offers such as discounted rates on select hotels at Disney World Resort in Florida or Disneyland Resort in California. You can also get discounted tickets for certain attractions at the parks as well as special deals on dining options throughout the resorts.
Types of Disney AARP Discounts Available
Disney offers several different types of discounts for AARP members:
• Discounted rates on select hotels at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida or Disneyland Resort in California
• Discounted tickets for certain attractions at the parks
• Special deals on dining options throughout the resorts
• Discounted rates for group tours
• Special offers such as free shipping on certain items and exclusive access to events and activities
• Discounts on merchandise purchased at Disney stores
• Special promotions for purchasing packages such as park hoppers or annual passes
• Access to exclusive events such as movie screenings or special meet-and-greets with characters from the parks
• Discounts on guided tours such as behind-the-scenes experiences or backstage tours
• Access to discounted rates for airfare when booking through authorized Disney travel agents
How to Get a Disney AARP Discount
To take advantage of any of the above mentioned discounts offered by Disney for AARP members, you must first join the organization by visiting their website or calling their toll-free number (1-800-566-2277). Once you have joined AARP, you can then contact Disney directly or visit their website to find out more information about available discounts and how to take advantage of them.
Other Disney Savings Opportunities
In addition to the discount opportunities offered through AARP membership, there are other ways that seniors can save money when planning their next trip to a Disney destination:
• Look into purchasing multi-day passes – these will often provide savings over single day tickets;
• Check out “Value” season dates – some dates may be cheaper than others due to lower demand;
• Take advantage of package deals – multiple days combined with hotel stays often come with extra savings;
• Utilize online coupons – many websites offer coupons or promo codes that can be used when booking trips;
• Look into special offers – some airlines offer discounted fares for seniors;
• Consider staying offsite – there are many hotels near Disney parks that offer discounted rates;
• Look into dining plans – these can help save money when eating at restaurants inside the parks;
• Take advantage of other discounts – AAA members often receive additional savings when booking trips;
Final Thoughts on Disney AARP Discounts
For seniors looking for ways to save money while still enjoying all that a Disney destination has to offer, taking advantage of any available AARP discounts is definitely worth considering! With access to discounted rates on select hotels, tickets for attractions at the parks, special deals on dining options throughout the resorts, and more – there are plenty of opportunities available for those who join AARP!